I am Lexxie – I am a permaculture teacher, gardener, mother of one, jack of all trade and generally fun to be around ! More on me here. I’ve already met some of you and I hope to see you all soon in the garden.
You might have also met Jocelyn who’s a permaculturist and gardener, a community development worker, my dearest friend, and even more fun to be around ! Read about Joss here.
Together, we will be working on the Tending ‘make-over’ and we will be tending the garden every Thursday morning till lunch time. We’ll also update this blog as well as the board inside the courtyard.
Next Thursday (10 May) I will wipe the board off its current content and start anew. I’ll invite you to write your name and email address so that we can keep you posted.
We have great plans about Tending. And you’re an integral part of them! 🙂
The general idea is to help Tending…
- a fun place to hang around and have meetings or whatnot,
- produce copious amount of food,
- recycle some of the local waste (food waste for the café and the nearby gardens, etc.),
- be a space to interact with student’s art,
- teach gardening and permaculture to those who want,
- and make use of the space for something creative, productive and fun!
I will take my current permaculture design certificate students for a whole day (Saturday 19 May) of teaching and site analysis. Upon this visit, they will be able to exercise their design skills and propose several permaculture options for the site.
We will keep you posted of what’s coming next, but in a few words, we’d like to facilitate a design session (over lunch break) and hear your needs, dreams, visions for Tending.
So stay tune and see you soon,
Lexxie & Joss